Kim Caise has been an educator and technology specialist for the past 20 years after graduating from the University of Texas at San Antonio with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Elementary Education in 1989. Kim began her educational career teaching elementary grades and middle school math. In 2006 she achieved the pinnacle of educator certification and became a National Board Certified Teacher in Career and Technical Education with a specialty in Technology Education. In September 2010, Kim completed an advanced degree program at Western Governors University with a Master of Education Learning and Technology program.
Kim is a S.T.A.R. Discovery Educator and serves on the Texas DEN Leadership Council for Discovery Education. She is a FableVision Ambassador and was nominated for the 2005 Disney Teacher of the Year Award for her dedication to the teaching profession. Kim’s extensive curricular background in all subject areas has enabled her to help teachers find appropriate, effective tools to meet the diverse needs of their students and the demands of state/national standards.
Kim has conducted numerous professional development sessions to educators around the world. She has been a guest speaker at several national and local conferences.
- Presentation entitled “Tips and Tricks for Teaching TEKS and TAKS” –
- 2004 Conference for the Advancement of Mathematics Teaching (CAMT), San Antonio, Texas
- 2010 Conference for the Advancement of Mathematics Teaching (CAMT), San Antonio, Texas
- Presentation entitled “SWAT TEAMS: Strategic Ways to Apply Technology Targets Ensuring Achievement of Mathematics Students” –
- NCTM conference in Phoenix, Arizona in October 2006
- National Board of Professional Teaching Standards conference in July 2007, Washington, D.C.
- Texas Computer Education Association ( TCEA) in Austin, Texas, February 2008
- Invited to present “Using Videoconferencing to Enrich Learning” for the Texas Technology Applications Teacher Network (TATN) portion of TCEA 2008 and TCEA 2009
- Presented “Using Web Conferencing to Enrich Learning” for the Capitol Region Society for Technology Education (CRSTE) Online Conference in May 2010 and October 2010 for the CRSTE Global Symposium
- Presented for the K12Online Conference in October 2010 entitled, “Web Conferencing – Can We Chat?”
- Presented for the 2010 Global Education Conference – “Classroom 2.0 LIVE meets the Australia Series”
- Presented at TCEA 2012 “Check this Out!” (QR Codes)
Kim lives in San Antonio, Texas with her husband, Marty, two Maltese dogs Mia and Max, and Napster, her orange tabby cat. She is an avid reader of technology periodicals and participates regularly in live webinars about technology integration in the classroom. You can often find the many resources Kim shares with her Personal Learning Network (PLN) on Twitter, Plurk, or Facebook. Kim maintains a wiki on web/video conferencing resources.
Kim is a co-host of the Classroom 2.0 LIVE weekly webinar series that is broadcast in Blackboard Collaborate (formerly Elluminate) on Saturday mornings which provides opportunities to learn about Web 2.0 tools and resources through collaboration with guest presenters and other educators. Kim’s expertise and technical competence as an Elluminate Moderator led to her recent position as the Elluminate Community Facilitator and Flat Classroom Project Administrator. Kim is a passionate, lifelong learner who is committed to supporting educators in the exploration of technology tools that engage students and improve academic achievement, and her enthusiastic, positive approach is motivating and encouraging to educators around the world. Kim believes that behind every successful student is a great teacher, caring parent and passion for learning.
Contact with Kim via the following: